A vampire facial is a skin treatment that uses your body’s own blood to improve the appearance of your skin. Although it sounds scary, this non-invasive procedure can help fight wrinkles and give your face a younger look. Kim Kardashian who is no stranger to sharing her beauty secrets on Instagram for quite some time now, showed a recent picture of her fresh out of a facial that quickly went viral. In the photo, you can see that Kim’s face is covered in little red dots, which many thought were just from an allergic reaction to the treatment itself.
In addition to rejuvenating Kim’s skin, it can also help treat acne scars, reverse sun damage!
It’s relatively new in the United States but has been used for over 10 years in UK, Europe and Asia for treating damaged skin and can be a replacement for dermal fillers.
What is a Vampire Facial
A vampire facial is a non-invasive procedure that uses platelet rich plasma (PRP) to stimulate the growth of new collagen and elastin in your skin. PRP is extracted from your own blood cells creating a concentrated source of healing proteins. The treatment involves introducing this plasma into specific areas of your face using micro needling devices with tiny needles that create tiny holes in the skin without causing damage or pain.
The idea behind this treatment is that by stimulating collagen production, you can minimize wrinkles while also improving skin tone and texture around the eyes and mouth—but it doesn’t stop there!
Because this type of facial also helps reduce inflammation and redness, it’s great for treating acne scars or sun damage as well! Kim Kardashian inspired many by sharing her recent vampire facial results on Instagram.
How Does a Vampire Facelift Work?
The vampire facial is a treatment that uses blood from the patient to help promote skin rejuvenation and healing. The process of the vampire facial begins with taking a small blood sample of skin from the patient’s face, usually from the neck or cheek area spinning it in a centrifuge, extracting the platelet-rich plasma (PRP), about 1 ml of blood at a time and then injecting it back into the skin. After all of this has occurred, it can be re-injected into areas of the face that are part of your own platelets (which are responsible for healing).
The extraction procedure isn’t painful and only lasts about five minutes per treatment. While it doesn’t take long to complete one round of vampire facials (around ten minutes), many people will opt for multiple rounds in order to see optimal results. Post Vampire Facial Results
What Are the Benefits of a Vampire Facial?
A vampire facial is a non-invasive treatment that includes the following procedures:
- Skin rejuvenation. A vampire facial uses platelet-rich plasma (PRP), which contains proteins and growth factors that stimulate collagen production, thereby reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Improvement in acne scarring. The nature of this procedure allows for improved overall skin texture and renewal on areas affected by acne, resulting in a more even appearance.
- Reduction of dark circles under the eyes. When using PRP, it can also improve circulation by promoting new blood vessel growth as well as reduce pigmentation around eyes to help with dark circles under them.
How Long Does a Vampire Facial Last?
How long do the results last?
- Results are cumulative, meaning the longer you have the treatment, the better your results. The average person needs to have 3 to 4 treatments for optimal results.
- Results aren’t permanent and will need to be repeated after approximately 6 months of treatment cessation.
- Results depend on an individual’s skin type and condition – some people will see dramatic improvements after one treatment; others may require several treatments before seeing any real change in their appearance.
How Much Does Vampire Facial Cost UK?
In the UK, a Vampire PRP Facial costs between £300 and £500. The price varies depending on the clinic you go to and the amount of time the whole treatment takes. A Vampire Facial generally includes a consultation, numbing cream, cleansing of the skin, extraction of blood, microneedling, and a hyaluronic acid serum.
How Long Is Treatment and Recovery?
The length of your beauty treatment will depend on the number of vials used, but generally speaking this cosmetic procedure facial takes about an hour to administer. Following treatment recovery time is variable and depends on a few factors:
- The type of treatment you receive. Most people can return to normal activities within 24 hours after receiving a vampire facial treatment (though there’s no reason not to take it easy for another day or two).
- Your individual skin type. Many people report that their skin feels smoother and tighter immediately following their vampire facials, with some feeling like they have a sunburn for up to 48 hours afterward. Oily skin types may experience more noticeable peeling than dryer ones—this is normal!
- Location of your treatment. If you receive multiple injection treatments in different areas (for example, cheeks, nose), each area will be affected differently by recovery time; some areas might be more sensitive than others depending on where they were treated.
Why Choose A Vampire Facial?
If you are looking for a facial treatment that is safe and effective, then the Vampire Facial is the one for you. This skin care treatment can be used on people of all skin types and will not only help aid younger-looking skin but it will also make your skin feel better.
This non-invasive procedure can be done in the comfort of your own home and will leave your skin feeling rejuvenated. The results are immediate and last for months with ease.
You’re probably wondering why this treatment has become so popular in recent years. There are many reasons why people choose to have a Vampire Facial done:
- It’s not painful at all – unlike other types of procedures, it doesn’t involve needles or lasers (therefore no pain). Instead, the blood plasma from one person is injected into another person’s face via micro-needling or suction devices which increases collagen production by up to 300%. This means that wrinkles will disappear almost instantly!
- It can be done in a short time – there are no long recovery periods involved with getting this treatment like there would be if you were having surgery on yourself; within just 5 minutes after leaving our clinic we guarantee that your new look will begin showing signs of improvement (we recommend using SPF 30+ sunscreen daily). You can also get multiple treatments back-to-back if necessary so don’t worry about spending too much time away from work or school because these days it usually only takes an hour per session!
We hope this blog post has helped you understand what a vampire facial and PRP is and how it can help with your skincare goals. If you’re interested in learning more about our services, and treatment with us please call us 0203 538 0738 to speak with a dermatologist here at Artistry Clinic.