At The Clinic Place, we respect the privacy and confidentiality of the personal data of our Clients, Associates, and others whom we interact with in the course of providing our services. We are committed to implementing policies, practices, and processes to safeguard the collection, use and disclosure of the personal data you provide us, in compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
We have developed this Data Privacy Notice to assist you in understanding how we collect, use, disclose, process, protect and retain your personal data that is in our possession.
How We Collect Your Personal Data
Personal data refers to any information that can uniquely identify an individual person (a) on its own, or (b) when combined with other information. Under the DATA PROTECTION ACT 2018, business contact information (e.g., full name, business address, business telephone number) is not considered as personal data so long as it is used strictly for business-to-business (B2B) transactions.
We collect your personal data when you:
- Enter into an agreement to use our platform or mobile solution when engaging our services
- Respond to our electronic direct mails (EDMs) sent by us as part of our marketing or promotion campaigns through an authorized third party EDM service provider
- Are referred to us for our services by one of our clients or partners
- Enquire about our range of solutions or platforms that we develop for businesses
- Visit our website and leave behind your contact information through our contact form
- Communicate with us via emails or written correspondences
Types of Personal Data We Collect About You
The types of personal data we collect about you include:
- Your contact information (Name, Email Address)
- Your personal details (Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Nationality)
- Your NRIC/Passport last four characters for course attending taking and verification
- Patient medical records including medical history
- Patient family history
- Treatments and medications that currently being undertaken
- Credit card Information
How We Use Your Personal Data
We use the personal data you provide us for one or more of the following purposes:
- Providing data subject, the usage of our service or platform solution for the purpose of providing a service
- Providing the service provider, the relevant information so that they can provide the required service, medication, or treatment
- Collection of credit card information for the processing transaction thru the use of secured payment gateway
- Sharing and of transferring on your information such as medical records or history with medical specialists or insurance companies. Any such sharing will not be done without your explicit written consent.
- Analyze your visits to our website
- Process account payables/receivables
- Process billing, payment, and other credit-related activities
- Conduct direct marketing and lead generation activities through analyzing and tracking of our sales proposals, advertisements on our events, conferences, seminars, and workshops
- Conduct joint marketing with other companies and service providers
- Communicate with customers, members, and website visitors
- Respond to your inquiries and feedback to improve our quality of service
- Analyze the use of our products, services, or websites
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- Comply with or fulfil legal obligations and regulatory requirements
Who We Disclose Your Personal Data To?
We disclose some of the personal data you provide us to the following entities or organizations outside The Clinic Place in order to fulfil our services to you:
- External professional service providers (Clinics, Hospitals, Insurance Companies, and other service providers)
- Email Service Vendors (e.g., Mailchimp)
- Cloud Service Providers
- Payment gateway providers
- External educational regulators
- Where required to do so by law, we may disclose personal data about you to the relevant authorities or to law enforcement agencies.
How We Manage the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Before we collect, use or disclose your personal data, we will notify you of the purpose why or when we are doing so. We will obtain written confirmation from you on your expressed consent. We will not collect more personal data than is necessary for the stated purpose. We will seek fresh consent from you if the original purpose for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal data has changed.
Under certain circumstances, we may assume deemed consent from you when you voluntarily provide your personal data for the stated purpose, e.g., when you apply for a job with us by sending in your resume/CV containing personal information.
Another example, would be that of, when you register with us to use our product or services. The product or service being used requires us to share your personal data such as last 4 digits of Identification Number, medical record or history with the service provider.
We may rely on exceptions to the need for consent under the DATA PROTECTION ACT 2018 for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal data under the following circumstances (only those relevant to The Clinic Place are included):
- The personal data is publicly available.
- The personal data is disclosed by a public agency or disclosed to a public agency.
- The personal data is necessary for any investigation or proceedings.
- The personal data is necessary for evaluative purposes.
- The personal data is necessary for the purpose of managing or terminating an employment relationship.
- The personal data is necessary for a business asset transaction.
- In case of emergency, where your life is at stake and where you need urgent medical attention.
- We use “cookies” to collect information about your online activity on our website. A cookie is a small text file created by the website that is stored in your computer to provide a way for the website to recognize you and keep track of your preferences. The cookie makes it convenient for you such that you do not have to retype the same information again when you revisit the website or in filling electronic forms.
- Most cookies we use are “session cookies”, which will be deleted automatically from the hard disk of your computer at the end of the session.
- You may choose not to accept cookies by turning off this feature in your web browser. Note that by doing so, you may not be able to use some of the features and functions in our web applications.
- We do not get consent on behalf of another individual. We only get consent from the individual who will be dealing directly with us.
How We Ensure the Accuracy of Your Personal Data
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data we collect about you is accurate, complete, not misleading and kept up to date.
- From time to time, we may do a data verification exercise for you to update us on any changes to the personal data we hold about you. If we are in an ongoing relationship with you, it is important that you update us of any changes to your personal data (such as a change in your mailing address).
How We Protect Your Personal Data
- We have implemented appropriate information security and technical measures (such as data encryption, firewalls, and secure network protocols) to protect the personal data we hold about you against loss; misuse; destruction; unauthorized alteration/modification, access, disclosure; or similar risks.
- We have also put in place reasonable and appropriate organizational measures to maintain the confidentiality and integrity of your personal data and will only share your data with authorized persons on a ‘need to know’ basis.
- When we engage third-party data processors to process personal data on our behalf, we will ensure that they provide sufficient guarantees to us to have implemented the necessary organizational and technical security measures and have taken reasonable steps to comply with these measures.